Wednesday 13 January 2010

These boots are made for walking!

Thanks to you all for your beautiful comments on my last two posts. I hope you will keep enjoying them.

We woke this morning to find that it is snowing again in London, but that didn't seem to matter as I was really looking forward to my day. Today I went into Bond Street in London to go to an induction seminar for the group that my school is part of. When I had finished I decided to quickly visit Covent Garden. I walked past the shop where I bought my original Green boots and just had to take some photos for posterity.






The day was fantastic and convinced me that coming to London for some time is absolutely the right decision for my teaching. This group works very much with the teaching ethos I hold strongly of teaching the child first and then the subject. Each school in the group has a professional multi-disciplinary team of Speech Pathologist, Psychologist and Occupational Therapist who work directly with the classroom team of teacher and teaching assistants. At each site these people are on site all the time so that we as teachers are able to access their expertise as it is needed in our classroom. We also have a music therapist that comes in to the school once a week....aah maybe the saxophone came into my life for a reason last February. All the staff seem to have a deep and very respectful understanding of the Autistic Spectrum Disorders.....bliss! It is an absolute dream to be surrounded by people with so much enthusiasm and belief in what they are doing.

As I was making the decision to come here a great deal of my art work seemed to gravitate towards the idea of the need for me to feel comfortable with the idea of stepping up to 'shine' . It was a word and an idea that came forward time and again last year. I seemed to need it to give me the courage to make the decisions to step out of my comfort zone and make the necessary decisions to come here. To face my fears if you like.

At the moment the idea of 'collaboration' is bubbling away and I can't wait to start to build on that concept.

....and Jane, my gorgeous friend .....this next photo is for you. XXXX

1 comment:

Lillipilli Lane said...

you are welcome Ali, these are just gorgeous : )
Hope you are doing well.